Wednesday 9 September 2015

20 Questions Every Student Should Be Able To Answer

1. What do I need to know about you to make a more successful year?


I'm a very slow learner when it comes to new concepts, so please be patient and please give me some time to surf with the alien and get the hang of things. 


2. What do you need from me more than anything else?


BE THE BEST EDUCATOR YOU CAN BE.


3. What does success in the classroom mean to you?

As Booker T. Washington once said, "Success is not measured by the position one has reached in life, rather by the obstacles one overcomes while trying to succeed". If I come out of this course better at computers and knowing how to solve more problems than I did before, I have succeeded. 


4. What do you know about how people learn? 


People learn at different paces. Its kind of like religion. It doesn't matter which god you believe in, all that matters is that you get from point A (this earthly plane) to point B (the afterlife). Even if the afterlife turns out to be an infinite void of nothingness, you still got through Point A in your own unique way or something like that.


5. What’s the most creative thing you’ve ever done?

I stripped my Epiphone SG down to raw wood and hooked up a sweet Maestro trem, swapped the pickups and slapped an oil finish onto it. 

6. How can technology be used for learning?

Technology can be adapted to either:
a) change the way students absorb information (videos, Power Points, Prezis, etc)

b) change the way students interact with newly learned information (coding, solving problems, etc)

7. What does it mean to understand something? 


un·der·stand
ˌəndərˈstand/
verb
verb: understand; 3rd person present: understands; past tense: understood; past participle: understood; gerund or present participle: understanding

  1. to perceive the intended meaning of (words, a language, or speaker).

8. When was the last time you’ve solved a problem?


The last time I solved a problem was when I was asked "What does it mean to understand something?


9. What is your proudest moment?

When I got my first paycheck and I went to the bank to cash it in.

10. What do you want to learn about?

I want to learn about how computers are used in the Music industry (i.e; how does autotune work? What is the science between note quantization?). 

11. What is your personal philosophy?

"Its not the size of the wave, its the motion of the ocean."

12. When do you code best?

I find I do not code at my best at any time. I have reached a plateau and I sincerely hope my computing skills can improve. 

13. What’s most important to you in life?

Maintaining a heartbeat.

14. Where does your inner drive come from?

My adrenal glands. 

16. What are you good at that nobody knows?

Being modest.

17. What do teachers sometimes misunderstand about you as a learner?

I need more time to learn new things.

18. What does it mean to study?

Reviewing concepts until they become second nature.

19. If I let you study something about computers that you always wanted to learn, what would it be?

NASA-level quantum computing


20. What would your ideal career be?


Professional murder victim.

No comments:

Post a Comment